Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Dinner

I've mentioned before how we have a large Sunday dinner around 3pm. Well, today after watching a DVR'd episode of Pioneer Woman, my husband and I headed to Wegmans to grab the ingredients for dinner. We used her recipe for Bruschetta and Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks.


What was on the menu?

 Bruschetta - this is a great recipe and different than what Italians usually do since the bread was fried in butter. I usually grill the bread after brushing it with olive oil. Note, i didn't use grape tomatoes, but vine ripened plum tomatoes. Rich, but oh, so good.

Skirt Steak - on sale so be purchased several packages for my carnivore son and husband. My son doesn't consider it a meal unless there is meat. We grilled the meat in a very hot cast iron pan with a grill like bottom using Montana Steak Seasoning (Our grill happened to be out of gas)

Pasta with Pancetta and Leeks - Oh my goodness. This recipe is so, so good. I followed the recipe to a tee and it turned out great. I added a tossed salad made from greens picked fresh from our garden and we had a wonderful Sunday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment