Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crockpot/Frozen Meals

I've been wanting to do this for a while, cook up a storm for a day and create enough frozen meals to feed my family. I've scoured several crock pot sites and a few of my own recipes and I'm ready to do it. I'll keep you posted to when I embark on this adventure and I'll provide a shopping list as well.

Here's what I plan to cook and freeze:
Vegetable Lasagna - my recipe
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta with Chicken - Happy Little Elephant's blog
Teriyaki Chicken - The Test Kitchen of Melissa Fallis blog
Pork Sirloin Roast with Spicy Peanut Sauce - Kalyn's Kitchen blog
Hamburger Soup - my recipe
Chicken Pot Pie - my recipe
Giada's Pot Roast - Everyday Italian
Chicken Tortilla Soup - Pioneer Woman
And - seasoned beef for tacos, nachos, and tortillas - shredded chicken, and steaks for my carnivore son.

There are freeze staples that are always in my freezer.  Frozen blueberries, Cubes of frozen herbs such as parsley and basil (basil is mixed with olive oil or made into pesto), raviolis, sausage, bread, butter (yes, you can freeze butter), steaks (both thin and thick), and hamburger patties that I make up myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment