Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fresh Mozzarella Cheese

The first time I tasted fresh mozzarella was in Ovindoli, Italy. My father-in-law's home town just north of Rome. Never had I tasted something so refreshing and delicious. A thick slice of cheese on a slice of freshly baked Italian bread-heaven.

I've seen a few post on Pinterest that discuss making cheese and I was curious. So this weekend, I'm going to venture into the world of cheese making. While I've made ricotta cheese (simple and wonderful), the idea of kneading and pulling cheese seems very foreign.

But we love fresh mozzarella and use it frequently.  I replace regular mozzarella for chicken parm. I use it on pizza, bread, in pasta salads and there is a great bean salad with fresh mozzarella.

I'll keep you posted (pun intended) with pictures and how the adventure went.

Here are some recipes to try:

Heart, Hands, Home Blog - I'm using this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment