Cheeseburger Bacon Casserole
(Adapted from 5 Star Cheeseburger Casserole)
2 teaspoons canola oil or olive oil
1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 slices of bacon - cooked and chopped
1 pound 80% lean ground beef
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes cut in half
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot according to packaged directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and saute until onions are transparent. Add the garlic and stir about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the ground beef and fully cook through until brown and drain the fat and return to the stove.
- Stir in the seasoned salt, ketchup, mustard and bacon until well combined. Add the chopped tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the meat and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking pan and evenly sprinkle the cheese across the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and slightly cool before serving.