Saturday, April 8, 2017

Flight West - A culinary experience to remember


A new restaurant has appeared in Greece, New York and I'm glad it has arrived. Flight West and Flight Wine Bar (Corn Hill) are famous for their walls of Bourbon. Or what I'd like to call, the Bourbon Library!



We've visited a few time and have had an awesome experience. The food is wonderful (full meals only offered at Flight West)

Our first visit, my husband and I enjoyed  Gouguenheim Malbec Argentina. Wonderfully flavored and my husband proclaimed the best wine he'd ever had. It was a Thursday, so that meant $1 raw oysters. Not a fan myself, but my husband loved them. And what a deal!

For dinner we had Crispy Bostrom Farms Pork Belly. The Asian flavors were tasty with a bit of heat.

The description: Korean Bbq Sauce, Stir Fried Rice, Kimchi, Scallions, Toasted  cashews. My husband loved this dish and even ordered it the second time we visited.

I had the Braised Short Ribs. I am a big fan of short ribs and they were tender, flavorful and consumed quickly. The Tomato Jam was wonderful and I loved dipping the short ribs into it. I wished there was more jam. The Pino Noir Demi Glaze was rich and perfection over the meat.

The description: Braised Short Ribs  Potato Parsnip Puree’, Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Glazed  Carrots, Benton Ham, Tomato Jam, Pinot Noir Demi Glaze.

Our second visit included creating a Charcuterie of cheeses and prosciutto. The cheeses we selected were:  Pecorino Toscano - Italy, Belletoile France,  Espresso Bellavitano - Wisconsin.  My favorite was the Belletoile.

Now, let's talk dessert! We had the adult Chocolate Cookies and Milk. Two fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and a cup of "milk" made of Bourbon Cream & Root Beer Splash. The Root Beer is made fresh at Flight West!










No comments:

Post a Comment