Sunday, January 6, 2013

Holiday Season

We didn't have a great Christmas since my mother is so ill. So I didn't get to do my usual Christmas dinner complete with beef tenderloin, lobster, gnocchi, tiramisu, and so many other great things to eat.

So we spent the holiday in Michigan and we still had a great dinner at my parents, all of the family together except my husband and one of our children - this was horrible. We had ham, potatoes, corn, cheesecake, and other traditional Ayotte family foods.

Really, food does bring people together. Food and tradition. There are so many traditions we have that center around food and family. Every holiday, religious celebrations, birthdays. They make us commune together in order to bond and enjoy.

I try to think of things that we don't celebrate around food. It's hard, really!

What traditions are your favorite in your family? What holidays do you love to celebrate the most?

I love Christmas and Thanksgiving. Birthdays can be special too.




No comments:

Post a Comment